Per the FCCMP Volunteer Handbook, our volunteers are expected to:
- Follow our values in all of your interactions; bringing dignity to each person and help break down barriers to accessing food.
- Follow the policies and procedures for the program site as directed/outlined by the Site Coordinator
- Refrain from hateful or derogatory language, inappropriate conduct, and discussion of politics, violence, or religion.
- Communicate openly with our staff about physical limitations, and constantly ask questions and seek clarity
- Foster a supportive environment- be willing to help, guide, answer
- That we will always be here to support your process. You can talk with any of our staff members about challenges you are facing when working with us.
- That we will be responsive to your feedback. All of our staff want you, our operations, and the neighbors we are serving to succeed. We welcome suggestions and constructive criticism! It’s how we grow!
- That we will provide structure and routine for your role- your shift times will remain the same (to the best of our ability), you’ll know what to expect for tasks, and you’ll work alongside other supportive volunteers and staff members.
For more information, read over our Volunteer Handbook
About Our Coordinators
After you’re onboarded, your Site Coordinator is your main point of contact. Each site is run by a different coordinator.