Our mission is to work in partnership with the community to alleviate hunger.
Our vision is to foster an empowered community who work together to address food insecurity, caring for and providing for one another, while building systems and infrastructure to holistically address and end hunger.
Our agency values the inherent dignity and worth of each person while building a community that is inclusive, formed in mutual respect and motivated by the power of collaboration.
By uplifting and strengthening one another we endeavor to dismantle barriers to food resources and build food security for all.
We strive to provide dignity for those we serve, within the community at large and across our organization. We uphold this value by:
- Respecting each others’ age, race, ethnic background, gender identity, ability, religious beliefs or lack thereof, political beliefs, socio-economic status, and all other characteristics that make up who we are.
- Fighting food insecurity in all forms. We believe that no one should go hungry and that access to food is a basic form of human dignity. We do so by:
- Ensuring access and availability of healthy and nourishing food in an equitable manner for all
- Educating staff, patrons and volunteers about adequacy for nutrition and health, dietary and cultural needs, and providing food choices in a non-judgmental way
- Providing a web of connection to resources to increase stability for those we serve
- Building capacity within our organization and the community to address food insecurity by increasing the communities’ awareness, engagement, skills and knowledge
- Working across sectors to redesign systems and strategies to build a more food secure region
- Working to ease or erase the stigma associated with seeking food assistance and free meals created by false claims and assumptions about those receiving such assistance.
- We strive to provide a judgement free, food positive environment in which our guests and patrons can break free of this stigma. We respect those receiving food assistance, ensuring that all are provided with confidentiality and supported with empathy and compassion.
- Approaching every interaction with a patron, guest, donor, community member, volunteer, or staff member with an open mind, without judgment, and with every person’s dignity foremost in our minds.
Our foundation is built on our relationship with the local community. Community building is instrumental to our work of building food security. We uphold this value by:
- Forging strong interpersonal connections between our FCCMP team members based on a mutual understanding of dignity and respect.
- Creating partnerships and friendships with our local community leaders, organizations, businesses, individuals and families by operating from the key tenant that we are all neighbors here to serve and uplift one another.
- Fostering a friendly and welcoming environment where guests and patrons can enjoy fellowship and build community with us and one another.
“How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” ~ Anne Frank